Bacterial expression system
- About tgcBIOMICS
- Clostridium difficile
- Company profile
- Contract research and development
- EU research projects
- Job offers
- NEWS & Press
- Our products
- tgcBIOMICS Technology
- Welcome to tgcBIOMICS!
tgcBIOMICS has developed an innovative expression system using gram-positive bacteria (tgc bacteria) for the production of recombinant proteins.
tgc bacteria posses several advantages as host for the production of recombinant proteins as well as for their use in research, diagnosis, and therapy.
tgc bacteria are gram-positive
- no contamination of purified proteins with LPS
tgc bacteria don’t secrete proteases into the culture supernatant
- no risc of proteolytic degradation of recombinant proteins during production and purification
tgc bacteria are cultivated in synthetic medium
- no risc of contamination of the purified recombinant proteins with BSE and TSE
tgc bacteria could be cultivated under aerobic as well as microaerophilic conditions
- important in the case of production of proteins unstable in the presence of oxygen
tgc bacteria could be cultivated at low temperature (>4°C)
- possibility of expression and purification of temperature sensitive proteins
tgcBIOMICS has developed optimized expression systems for the tgc bacteria, allowing constitutive or inducible expression of recombinant proteins, that are secreted efficiently into the culture supernatant.
The following figure shows a SDS-PAGE analysis of the culture supernatant of an expression culture using tgc bacteria.
The recombinant target protein represents >80% of total protein in the culture supernatant making subsequent purification much easier.
For more information about the expression system using tgc bacteria don’t hesitate to contact us.
TGC-technology (benefits) : applications